Once mold infests the home it is very expensive to clean up.
PROTECT YOUR HEALTH
Mold causes strong allergic reactions in many people. If the mold level is high enough in the home or if those exposed have vulnerable immune systems (such as elderly and very young children) it can also cause neurological effects in the body.
A full wet wall detection system measures moisture content from the finished areas of your home to 3 1/2 inches into the building envelope, detectiong and reading low and high levels of moisture which could cause mold growth.
Indoor condensation causes the unsightly appearance of mold and mildew on walls, floors and ceilings. Warm moist air, inadequate wall insulation moisture barriers, improper wall construction and lack of ventilation are at the heart of this issue. The way to control mold growth is to monitor and test for high moisture content(National Association of Home Builders).
If humidity levels exceed 55% (relative humidity) it needs to be corrected.
Toxic mold and other forms of biological contaminants like dust mites will thrive to expand in this type of atmosphere.
Two elements of control in humidity levels
- monitor relative humidity
Problem areas we at LPC inspect thoroughly (with wet wall inspection system, infrared camerasand camera scopes and moisture meters) are listed below
- attic space between roof and ceiling
- basement crawl spaces, cellars
- in wall cavities
- under sinks, kitchen, bathroom, laundry -ductwork, filters -cabinets -closets -food storage areas
Water leaks and other forms of water intrusion into the home or building is the most common reason a toxic black mold problem occurs.
The most difficult part is detecting water leaks that are not visible to the eye (on the inner finished surface of walls)
LPC detection systems
- humidity level reading in each room
- wet wall detection nomitor meter
- moisture meters
- infrared camera
These devices detect any high levels of moisture in behind walls, corners or in building materials that can not be seen on the surface.